These 5 Tricks Reduce Website Bounce Rates
Google defines bounce rate as each time you have a single-page session on your website. If you haven’t yet tackled your bounce rate, you’ve been missing out- keeping your visitors on your website will increase your conversion rate.
The average bounce rate is around 45%, and you should ideally be aiming for anything between 26% and 40%.
Here are some ways you can reduce your bounce rate:
1. Check Your Load Time
Sites that take a long time to load will often have a higher bounce rate since most people have short attention spans when browsing online. That’s why it’s a good idea to optimize your website and reduce your file sizes to increase your load speed.
Check out NXPowerLite Coupon. This file compression tool will help optimize your files, which will increase your load time and reduce your bounce rate. You can also use AJAX which lets the web page load faster by lazy-loading your third-party content in the background.
2. Ensure Easy Navigation
Your web design matters more than you may think. While some flashy themes and web page effects may look cool, the average user is conditioned to seeing things a certain way.
Visitors want to be able to easily navigate through your website, so a menu at the top is crucial. Keep in mind that visitors could land on any page within your website (it may not always be your homepage), so you should ensure that they can quickly see where to go next by using smart internal linking strategies.
3. Avoid Popups
Sure, popups may work, but they negatively affect the user experience of your website.
In 2013 study, 70% of people surveyed said they found popups annoying.
If you absolutely must use popups, use them in moderation. There are a number of plugins that allow you to have unobtrusive popups that will only appear after a certain time or only when a user is going to exit your site anyway.
Along with increasing your bounce rate, popups aren’t doing much for your marketing. A survey by MNPR found that while 53% of consumers would act upon articles including brand information and 51% would act upon email offers, just 19% said they would be likely to act upon pop up ads.
4. Watch Your External Linking
While external linking is good for SEO and helps you provide value to your blog readers, there’s a limit to how much is safe. Too many external links will increase the chance that your visitors will leave your site and fail to return.
One way to tackle this problem is to have all of your outbound links opening in a new tab. This means that visitors can check out the information you’ve linked to and then quickly return to your site.
5. Be Responsive
If you’re not yet using a responsive theme on your website you can expect a high bounce rate. These days, visitors are likely to be accessing your site on smartphone or tablets, and if your website is too hard for them to use they will simply move on.
There are many themes that will automatically adjust for a number of different screen sizes, so update your theme and be prepared to watch your bounce rate plummet.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products Online
- How to Invest Money Online for Beginners
- 10 Interior Design Apps That Will Make Your Life Easier
- Top 5 Downloadable Marketing Tools for Your Clothing Business
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion