5 Things to Consider when Seeking Addiction Treatment
Drug addiction can be a frightening experience, and so can addiction treatment. Knowing what to expect can make it easier to undergo treatment.
When you’ve made the decision that it’s time to seek treatment, consider these five things to have the highest chance of success:
- Treatment requires addressing physical, mental, and emotional disorders at the same time.
- Longer treatment programs yield greater success.
- What coverage does the patient’s health insurance cover?
- Which rehab center will you select for treatment?
- What is your support plan to stay sober?
To understand more about each of the above considerations, let’s discuss each one in more depth.
Treating More than the Physical
Addiction can be caused by and can cause, emotional and mental disorders and concerns that can be just as serious as physical problems.
If you just treat the drug addiction, you’re just putting a bandaid on the problem instead of actually treating it. Treating just one drug addiction can have the same effect.
For example, drug addiction can cause depression, which can, in turn, cause drug addiction. If you only treat the physical addiction but not the depression, the patient’s chance of relapse can be higher.
Let’s look at another example. Say you treat someone for heroin addiction but they’re also addicted to pain killers. You haven’t treated them; you’ve just removed one drug from the equation, and most likely they will relapse with the heroin.
Over 90% of heroin users also use at least one other drug.
Successful treatment treats the person, not only the physical addiction.
The Longer the Treatment, the Better
Research shows that treatment programs that are longer than 30 days yield an 84% chance of success. Programs that run less than 30 days typically offer almost 30% less success.
That’s because longer programs treat more than the physical addiction. Treating mental and emotional disorders and concerns takes longer.
It’s hard to think of treatment in terms of affordability and insurance coverage. Insurance companies don’t always believe in the aforementioned information.
However, for many patients, the cost of treatment is a concern. It can prevent someone from seeking treatment. Knowing which treatments are affordable can help you choose.
Not all programs cost the same and some insurance policies do offer coverage.
The Rehab Center
Much goes into deciding which rehab center is right for a patient. Learn about more than one rehab center. That way, you or your loved one can choose from several options.
The length of treatment, methods, and cost will all factor into this choice.
Sobriety requires continuing support, even after treatment is “complete.” For that reason, knowing what some of your options are post-treatment can help settle concerns that a patient will relapse as soon as the treatment program ends.
Support comes in a variety of forms, including groups like Narcotics Anonymous. Before choosing a treatment plan, draft a post-treatment plan.
Congratulations are in order–choosing to seek treatment is the first step toward sobriety. By following this guide, you can find the right treatment program for you or your loved one.
- Why Should Your Business Use Paperless Payroll? September 22, 2017
- 5 Secure Websites Where You Can Access Legal Document Downloads September 22, 2017
- The Weird, Wonderful World of Video Game Influencers September 22, 2017
- Using Technology to Step Up Creative Marketing for Dentists September 21, 2017
- What You Need to Know Before Choosing Your Photography Website Builder September 19, 2017
- 5 Signs You May Be Walking on Asbestos Floor Tiles September 19, 2017
- 3 Great Hearing Aid Apps All Users Should Download September 18, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Having a Website for Your Business September 15, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Having Online Pay Stubs Available for Download September 15, 2017
- 5 Digital Marketing Apps All Marketers Should Download September 15, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion