5 Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Desserts for Summer
This disease can be quite complex, affecting each person differently. It can be found in people of all nationalities, making it the third most common after osteoarthritis and gout. There are an estimated 1.3 million Americans living with rheumatoid arthritis.
But what can they do to alleviate the inflammation and pain? Thankfully, there are some safe and natural methods you can start using right away. Everyone loves to snack, so here are some anti-inflammatory desserts you should try this summer.
This ingredient can be found inside of curry and various other Indian and Caribbean dishes. What’s little known about turmeric is its strong anti-inflammatory properties. Clinical studies have proven the beneficial effects of this spice on arthritis patients.
In fact, it’s shown to have similar effects as OTC medications. It’s frequently used to treat other types of illnesses, such as irritable bowel disease. And it can help reduce your chances of getting cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
How to use it? Try putting it in your smoothies and yogurt!
We always hear great things about nuts, especially in weight loss programs. It’s a great snack that can keep you full, without packing on unhealthy fat. But what’s even better is that it’s filled with omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants.
These are essential for combating inflammation. There’s more than one way to eat them – you can add them to your cakes, pies and yogurt.
These are the funny looking yellowish roots sold in most grocery stores. It’s another food that offers many different benefits, including reducing inflammation. It has chemokines and cytokines, which suppress pro-inflammatory compounds.
Try adding ginger root to your cookies, cakes and ice cream.
Dark Leafy Greens
There are a host of leafy greens you can choose from – spinach, collard, turnip, mustard and kale are just a few. These are all packed with antioxidants and vitamin C and E, which all aid in inflammation.
You can use them as an ingredient in your pot pies, muffins or even bake them into crispy little chips!
Like leafy greens, there are a variety of berries you can eat to help fend off your rheumatoid arthritis aches and pains. This includes raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, goji berries, acai berries and any other you can get your hands on.
And who are we kidding? Berries taste good with almost everything. Put them in your smoothies, eat them in your fruit salads and yogurt or juice them. You really can’t go wrong with berries!
Make this Summer Anti-Inflammatory
This summer should be a great one, along with every summer after. But it all starts with what you put on your plate (and take off of it). The healthier your choices, the better your chances of reducing your inflammation.
Hopefully, these tips will help you get through this summer with as little pain as possible!
- 5 Mental Health Apps You Should Give a Try
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- Common Health Concerns For Mature Men
- 5 Low-Carb Diet Tips to Keep You Sane
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion