5 Safety Tips for Using Your Vape Battery
Maybe you’ve read it in a magazine or you’ve heard a story from a friend: vape batteries are dangerous, and they can cause serious injury.
It’s certainly true that people have suffered injuries from vape batteries. But, these batteries are no more or less dangerous than the batteries you use in your cell phone or in your TV remote.
In order to avoid injury, you just need to make sure you’re implementing the right safety precautions.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 safety tips for using a vape battery.
Safety Tip #1: Buy Quality Products
This should go without saying, but too many people think they’re being “smart and savvy” by buying cheap vape products.
Quality vape products will cost more upfront, but they’ll last longer and therefore save you more money in the long run.
Your first purchase should be a quality vape. Cheaply made vapes have a much higher risk of explosion. Make sure the vape you select isn’t just one that looks nice. It should have good reviews and be known for its durability.
The same goes for battery purchases: only buy quality batteries from trusted brands. Even the best e cigarette will not be able to withstand a crappy battery.
You should also buy a quality smart charger. Smart chargers come with extra safety features that regular chargers don’t have. These extra safety features will help prevent you from overcharging or discharging.
Safety Tip #2: Battery Cases
You’re planning on vaping outside your home, so you quickly chuck your batteries into your purse or your pocket without a second thought.
While this may seem harmless, it can actually be quite dangerous.
Exposed batteries coming into contact with car keys, loose change, or anything metal in your pocket is bad news. Why?
Because it creates a circuit. And circuits start fires. Putting out a fire in your pants is probably not how you want your day to go.
Luckily, solving this problem is easy. You just need to put your batteries in a battery case. There are all sorts of battery cases sold at vape stores, so getting your hands on one should not be a problem.
Safety Tip #3: Be Aware When Charging
Most of us don’t give a second thought when we plug in an electronic device into its charging port.
However, you should always keep an eye on your vape while charging it. And make sure you’re not:
- Charging it on a flammable surface
- Overcharging it
- Charging in rooms with extreme temperatures (below 50 degrees Fahrenheit or above 115 degrees Fahrenheit)
Safety Tip #4: Never Use Damaged Batteries
It’s understandable that you want to get the most out of your batteries.
However, using damaged batteries will never end well. If your batteries are frayed, fail to keep a charge, or have some other exposed fault, you need to safely dispose of them immediately.
Safety Tip #5: Don’t Mix and Match Cords and Wall Pieces
Ever forgotten your charger at home and had to borrow a friend’s instead?
Normally it never causes any issues, right?
Although this may be fine with a phone, you shouldn’t do this with your vape batteries. iPhone wall pieces can easily overcharge your battery and cause it to burst. So make sure you only charge with your own equipment.
Vape Battery Safety: Wrap Up
We hope these safety tips come in handy the next time you’re handling your vape battery.
If you have any questions about these tips, please don’t hesitate to drop a comment below!
- Why Should Your Business Use Paperless Payroll? September 22, 2017
- 5 Secure Websites Where You Can Access Legal Document Downloads September 22, 2017
- The Weird, Wonderful World of Video Game Influencers September 22, 2017
- Using Technology to Step Up Creative Marketing for Dentists September 21, 2017
- What You Need to Know Before Choosing Your Photography Website Builder September 19, 2017
- 5 Signs You May Be Walking on Asbestos Floor Tiles September 19, 2017
- 3 Great Hearing Aid Apps All Users Should Download September 18, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Having a Website for Your Business September 15, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Having Online Pay Stubs Available for Download September 15, 2017
- 5 Digital Marketing Apps All Marketers Should Download September 15, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion