5 Must-Have Medical Apps for Patients
When the average person looks for medical advice, they usually turn to a big website like WebMD. But those diagnostic tools are imprecise, overwhelming users wit?h information and increasing anxiety, research shows.
Instead, let’s turn to the powerful computers in our pockets. Have a look at five of the best medical apps for patients recommended by users and doctors alike.
1. Instant Heart Rate
Instant Heart Rate does exactly what it says on the tin. It uses your smartphone to measure your pulse.
The way it does this, however, is pretty ingenious: You simply put the tip of your index finger over your phone’s camera lens. You’ll have to wipe off the smudges, but that’s pretty clever.
Where the app shines, though, is in its ease of use and ability to track your heart rate measurements over time. This lets you get a snapshot of how your resting and active heart rates change when you’re doing different tasks and making lifestyle modifications.
Sometimes simple is best, and this is one of the best medical apps for patients out there.
2. Mayo Clinic
If you’re a patient at the Mayo Clinic, their app for iOS and Android is invaluable. It helps you track and make appointments, and even pay bills. It also delivers lab and test results right to your pocket.
But even if you’re not a patient, this app for one of the country’s top hospitals offers a ton of information, videos, and wellness advice from top doctors and experts. It even syncs with your Apple Watch, if that’s your thing.
Diabetes:M is one of the best blood sugar trackers on the market. It has a host of features that allow you to simply enter and track blood sugar data as well as working with a number of insulin pumps and glucometers.
The app covers information for type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes, meaning you should be well covered.
Diabetes:M’s only major drawback is that it doesn’t yet have the capability to sync with Apple Health on your iOS device. Otherwise, it’s the perfect app for diabetes tracking and management.
4. First Aid – American Red Cross
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a handy universal guide of what to do in case of a medical emergency? The American Red Cross First Aid app is just that.
Covering everything from what to do when someone has an allergic reaction to bleeding, burns, and broken bones, this app is an invaluable resource.
It’s best when paired with a first aid training class, but it’s good to have in your pocket regardless.
5. BabyBump Pregnancy Pro
Trying to have a baby is fraught with questions and anxieties, from scheduling doctors appoints to potentially seeking fertility treatment or inquiring about surrogacy cost.
BabyBump Pregnancy Pro takes some uncertainty out of the pregnancy process, allowing you to track your bump, connect with other moms, and even pick out baby names. It’s simple to use and a good companion through those 40 weeks.
The Best Medical Apps for Patients Might be Yours
Didn’t see something here that fits the bill? Maybe that’s because it doesn’t exist yet.
Take your great idea and check out our ebook on creative product creation.
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018
- 5 Small Business Apps For Mac You Can’t Live Without
- 6 Real Estate Blog Monetization Tips You Will Love
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- How to Store Your e-LiquidYou may think you’re a vaping expert. But […]
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
- 7 Online Tools You Need for Your Side HustleBy the year 2020, it’s expected that at least […]
- Top 20 Apps for Men’s HealthWant to enjoy better health and well-being? Perhaps […]
- Essential Hunting Stuff That Every Badass Hunter NeedsA hunter is only as good as his/her hunting stuff. […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion