5 Must-Have Apps for Mountain Bikers
Hitting the trails on two wheels is a great way to escape from the demands of life. But staying connected can also be a huge boost to your next mountain biking trip.
That’s because there are tons of apps available that you can download right to your smartphone to help enhance your ride. From GPS to trip recording, these apps can do it all.
Keep reading to learn a few of the best apps for mountain bikers that you should download before your next trip.
1. Bike Gear Calculator
If you’re a mountain biking-enthusiast with the gear to show for it, you likely enjoy choosing just the right bike, wheels, and chains for each trip.
But figuring out exactly which gear to choose can sometimes feel like guesswork. That’s what makes the Bike Gear Calculator one of the best apps for mountain bikers.
With this app, you can check your gear ratios and cadence, and even input the distance you plan to travel or how long you want to ride, to help figure out the optimal combination.
Even if you don’t switch which gear you use for different trips, this app can help you better estimate how long a trail will take you at different pedaling speeds, based on the gear you have.
This app can also be great for those considering upgrading their gear. Use it to find the best hybrid bikes and gear combos to maximize your rides.
If you have a fitness tracking device or know someone who does, you probably know how much fun it can be to compete with friends and compare workouts, runs, and eating habits.
Strava is the mountain biking equivalent to these devices.
Strava is one of the best apps for mountain biking because it not only tracks your rides, times, and other stats, it also helps you connect with other bikers. Compare your stats, swap trail ideas, and even compete with one another to make it to the top of the leaderboard.
3. Avana PDF Files
Finding the right trail is the key to a great ride. Avana PDF Files can help with that.
With this app, you can access, download, and then navigate GeoPDFs at home or on the trail. Use it to find your new favorite trail or just to keep track of where you are during your ride.
4. Weather Underground
While this may not seem like an app that’s specific to mountain biking, nothing ruins a ride faster than bad weather.
Use this app to check weather conditions before you ride, or to monitor them while out on the trail.
5. Shred! Downhill Mountain Biking
While this app may not help you while you’re on the trail, it’s great for killing time traveling or for those days when you can’t make it outside to ride.
The Shred! Downhill Mountain Biking app simulates a trail ride, letting you choose your bike and the course you want to ride. Jump over obstacles, shred dirt trails and city roads, and race downhill with this addicting game.
Best Apps for Mountain Bikers
From keeping you connected to helping you navigate the trails, to keeping you entertained between rides, these apps for mountain bikers are great for all experience levels.
If you’re looking for other apps to simplify your life and keep you connected, check out this article to learn a few of the best SMS apps for Android.
- 7 Beginner Photography Tips
- Great Downloadable Instructions for Rolling Cigars
- 5 Websites with Downloadable Coupons to Help You Save this Halloween
- Gorgeous Greenery: 5 Unique Plants for Your Garden
- The 5 Best Investment Apps For Amateur InvestorsAccording to a survey conducted by Bankrate.com, only […]
- 4 Adult Toys Every Bold Couple Need in Their LivesSex is a fun, healthy part of any adult relationship. […]
- Top 7 Apps for People Over 40Are you entering or already living in what we deem as […]
- How the Digital Catalog Could Help the Retail IndustryLast year, people downloaded over 197 billion apps. […]
- How to Save Energy with Roller Garage DoorsOpening and closing the garage door isn’t […]
- 7 Awesome Spring Break Ideas for KidsAfter months of cold and work, spring break is more […]
- Are Lawsuit Settlements Taxable?If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve […]
- 8 Fashion Apps You Need To Download NowDo you like to keep up-to-date with the latest fashion trends? Here are the 8 fashion apps you need to download now to inspire your newest look.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion