5 Job Site Safety Tips Every Worker Should Know
Injuries, illness, and fatalities from work-related issues are at an all-time high. Working on a job site can be dangerous. In 2015, one in five worker fatalities occurred in the construction industry.
There are often large equipment and dangerous materials involved on job sites.
Accidents happen that can be unavoidable. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared and know what to do to avoid getting hurt in your place of work. It is important to never start a project without being well-versed in how to do the project safety.
Employee safety will strengthen the security of every job site and business. Embracing job safety should be a priority for any successful company. We’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of tips every worker should know for optimal job site safety:
Keys For Job Site Safety
1. Work As a Team
Through careful teamwork, your job site can be a safe one. Reviewing safety materials, handbooks, and protocols with your team on a regular basis can benefit the safety of all employees on the site.
Never leave it to the manager or superintendent for the project to ensure your safety.
Get your team together and make sure everyone is on the same page in terms of safety and job procedures. If certifications or licenses are required for certain projects, make sure everyone can provide theirs before beginning work.
Following guidelines, safety procedures and discussing them as a team before you begin work can ensure everyone is committed to safety. This can eliminate careless or flippant attitudes as you stress the importance of doing things correctly.
When people feel accountable for job site safety, they will go the extra mile to get it right.
2. Hold Them Accountable
When it comes to job site safety, hold your employees accountable to following proper processes.
Set your guidelines in terms of safety and call out those who fail to comply. When you show your team or manager how seriously you are taking the safety, others will take notice.
3. File Complaints
Respond to irregularities and file complaints about broken rules.
Make your supervisor and team aware of any glitches, or people disobeying instructions. When it comes to job site safety, there is no such thing as a tattle tale. At the end of the day, you’re just trying to keep everyone involved as safe as possible.
4. Training for Optimal Job Site Safety
As you embark on a long project, it’s possible you will have new people joining the team as time goes on.
Make sure everyone is trained on job site safety for any given project. Be specific about the rules and regulations for each specific operation.
5. Know The Emergency Plan
Make sure you and your team have been trained on the emergency plans if something goes wrong. Consider safety seminars like those of the American Society of Safety Engineers. Stay educated on new technology and safety procedures throughout the life of your project.
Whether you are an engineer or a construction site worker, incorporating your training into your work site can save lives.
Keep It Safe
Training, accountability, and working as a team can save lives and keep your job site secure. For more materials, tips, and tricks on job site safety, click here!
- Types and Benefits of Life Insurance Policies
- How to Keep Healthy at the Office
- 7 Ways to Start Earning a Passive Income Online
- Preparing for Tax Season: What to Do
- 9 Ways To Eliminate Chronic Body PainLiving with chronic body pain affects every aspect of your life. Here are 9 things you can do to help ease or even eliminate chronic body pain.
- 10 Ways To Improve Your SmileYour smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Make sure it leaves a good impression. Here are 10 ways you can improve your smile now.
- How to Get the Best Deal on Your Cell Tower LeaseIf you're thinking of taking advantage of a cell tower lease, it's important to know how to get the best deal. Here are the top tips for getting the most value.
- 10 Best Sobriety AppsIn this digital age, you never have to go it alone. Read on to discover the top 10 sobriety apps to help you stay the course, no matter your fight.
- Top 5 Diving AppsYou don't have to be a pro diver to use these diving apps. Check out the best diving apps that will help make your next dives safer and more efficient.
- Types and Benefits of Life Insurance PoliciesAre you aware of the different types of life insurance? Understanding each variation will help you enjoy the many benefits of life insurance policies.
- 8 Unforgettable Things to Do in EnglandIf you're thinking of planning a trip to England, then you won't want to miss this article. Click here to discover 10 unforgettable things to do in England.
- How to Keep Healthy at the OfficeBeing healthy is essential for any productive person, check out this article for tips on how to keep healthy in an office setting.
- How to Combat Slow Download SpeedsAre your downloads taking longer than they should? Click here for a helpful guide on what to do if your computer has a slow download speed.
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion