5 Job Site Safety Tips Every Worker Should Know
Injuries, illness, and fatalities from work-related issues are at an all-time high. Working on a job site can be dangerous. In 2015, one in five worker fatalities occurred in the construction industry.
There are often large equipment and dangerous materials involved on job sites.
Accidents happen that can be unavoidable. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t be prepared and know what to do to avoid getting hurt in your place of work. It is important to never start a project without being well-versed in how to do the project safety.
Employee safety will strengthen the security of every job site and business. Embracing job safety should be a priority for any successful company. We’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of tips every worker should know for optimal job site safety:
Keys For Job Site Safety
1. Work As a Team
Through careful teamwork, your job site can be a safe one. Reviewing safety materials, handbooks, and protocols with your team on a regular basis can benefit the safety of all employees on the site.
Never leave it to the manager or superintendent for the project to ensure your safety.
Get your team together and make sure everyone is on the same page in terms of safety and job procedures. If certifications or licenses are required for certain projects, make sure everyone can provide theirs before beginning work.
Following guidelines, safety procedures and discussing them as a team before you begin work can ensure everyone is committed to safety. This can eliminate careless or flippant attitudes as you stress the importance of doing things correctly.
When people feel accountable for job site safety, they will go the extra mile to get it right.
2. Hold Them Accountable
When it comes to job site safety, hold your employees accountable to following proper processes.
Set your guidelines in terms of safety and call out those who fail to comply. When you show your team or manager how seriously you are taking the safety, others will take notice.
3. File Complaints
Respond to irregularities and file complaints about broken rules.
Make your supervisor and team aware of any glitches, or people disobeying instructions. When it comes to job site safety, there is no such thing as a tattle tale. At the end of the day, you’re just trying to keep everyone involved as safe as possible.
4. Training for Optimal Job Site Safety
As you embark on a long project, it’s possible you will have new people joining the team as time goes on.
Make sure everyone is trained on job site safety for any given project. Be specific about the rules and regulations for each specific operation.
5. Know The Emergency Plan
Make sure you and your team have been trained on the emergency plans if something goes wrong. Consider safety seminars like those of the American Society of Safety Engineers. Stay educated on new technology and safety procedures throughout the life of your project.
Whether you are an engineer or a construction site worker, incorporating your training into your work site can save lives.
Keep It Safe
Training, accountability, and working as a team can save lives and keep your job site secure. For more materials, tips, and tricks on job site safety, click here!
- The 5 Best Investment Apps For Amateur Investors
- How the Digital Catalog Could Help the Retail Industry
- Essential Tips for Customer Service Outsourcing
- How to Be Successful with Digital Gambling
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion