5 Interior Design Apps That Will Help You Remodel
Has it been too long since the last time you gave your home a little makeover?
Maybe you’re noticing that the dining room wallpaper is a little shabby. Perhaps that living room couch has seen better days.
Chances are, it’s been a while since you’ve updated your home. According to a survey, 47% of Americans haven’t revamped their home decor in over 5 years. Life gets in the way, and home maintenance often falls by the wayside.
It’s understandable. Doing a remodel or redecorating is a big task. Luckily, there are hundreds of apps that can help you with this undertaking.
Getting started on a home improvement project can be daunting. Check out these awesome interior design apps that will make the project so much easier.
Know that your home needs a change, but you’re not sure where to start? Use the Hutch app to play around with different ideas.
Start by uploading a picture of a place in your home that needs redecorating. Within an hour of submitting your photo, Hutch will virtually erase all clutter from the room.
Then apply one of their “filters” like, “flea market finds” or “eclectic chic.” The filters are basically the names of whatever style you’d like the room to have. The filter will superimpose potential room designs onto your photo.
Everything in the space are items you can buy. The app itself is free, so there’s no harm in trying it. You can buy as many or as few of the furniture and decor as you want.
If you don’t want to use one of their filters, you can try out a totally new look on your own. You can use photos of furniture and decor from their vendor’s list. Mix and match items until you get the look you want.
From there, you can buy all the pieces you’ve found. You can also hold on to the picture for inspiration. Take it with you next time you go home goods shopping.
One downside to the app is you can only use their features on living rooms and bedrooms.
2. Color Capture
Color Capture by Benjamin Moore is like the Shazam of color.
Do you love a color used in a random piece of street art? Is there a particular shade of green you saw on your camping trip? Take a picture of it using the app and it will help you match the exact shade with one of their paints.
The app lets you save your favorite color inspiration pictures. You can also browse through the Benjamin Moore paint collection. Once you know what you want to buy, the app can direct you to the nearest store location.
There are other interior design apps that are similar to color capture. Sherwin William’s has one called Color Snap and Behr’s is Color Smart.
Using any one of these apps will ensure that you get the perfect color for every room during a remodel.
For some, interior design is an exciting fresh start. For others, designing might not be their strong suit. What are those people to do if they can’t afford to hire a professional designer?
Luckily, Modsy is a relatively affordable way to get the help of pro.
The service costs $69 per room. Start by taking eight pictures from different angles of the space you want decorated. Then you’ll take a quiz to figure out your desired style.
Finally, you’ll let Modsy know what your approximate budget is. Then from there, they’ll get to work!
Modsy will send you back a personalized, 3-D rendering of how you should decorate. From there, you can buy what you want from the rendering straight from the app.
Still not feeling so confident and need a little more help? For $199 you can speak virtually with a designer and ask them all your questions.
Maybe you love a good home design project but you’re just not so good at staying on task. There’s an app for that!
Everyone loves looking on Pinterest and finding a cool home project. But, often we never end up getting around to it.
With BrightNest, you can browse through their app and find design and maintenance projects. When you see one you like you can save it and schedule a time to try it.
They’ll send you a reminder when it’s time to get started. There are also hundreds of articles to check out for home design and DIY inspiration.
5. PRO Landscape Home
You’ve put a lot of time into the interior, but what about the exterior? Make your backyard like another functional entertaining and relaxing space.
The Pro Landscape Home app is similar to other interior design apps. Take a picture of your backyard and upload it on to the app. Then start designing your outdoor sanctuary!
With this app, you can see how different landscaping options would look in your yard. Add grass, mulch, and fountains. There are thousands of photos of shrubs, trees, and backyard accessories to choose from.
Play around and see which area would best accommodate a fire pit and patio set. When you’re done, you’ll know exactly where your BillyOh garden furniture should go.
Are you also a gardener? PRO Landscape can help plan and map it out.
Tell the app your location and it will pick out plants and flowers that will thrive in your home’s climate.
Done designing your dream yard? View what you’ve done in “before and after” mode. Then share it all to your social media.
There are Tons of Interior Design Apps Out There
But, we think these are some of the best and most innovative.
Doing a home remodel can be stressful and time-consuming. Interior design apps like these can help take some of the guesswork out.
Are you looking to do some home improvement projects and need a little inspiration? Then check out some of our other blogs!
- 3 Qualities to Look for in a Great Access Door
- How a Home Design App Can Turn You Into an Interior Designer
- 5 Incredibly Easy DIY Pest Control Solutions
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor Ideas
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion