The 5 Most In-Demand Digital Marketing Skills
Succeeding in digital marketing requires that you have specific skills honed sharply.
The best digital marketers have not only been working on their craft; they’ve been learning continuously and keeping up with emerging technology.
Don’t be intimidated – you can develop these skills as well, and once you’ve gotten to the top of your game, you’ll be among the most in-demand professionals in digital marketing.
Incredible SEO Talent
SEO is far from being dead. As Google updates its algorithms over time, the way SEO works will change. However, it’s still important to keep honing your SEO skills.
You have to realize that in the beginning, Google doesn’t trust you. You must build up trust for a site carefully, by creating great content, getting links to build authority, and letting your site age. Over time, you’ll get better search engine results.
Of course, each Google update changes the rules, so you can’t afford to rest on your laurels. You should always keep learning and growing.
A Clear Understanding of PPC Advertising
Speaking of Google, organic search results aren’t the only thing getting results. In digital marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is another key way to get your business message in front of customers.
In digital marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising is another key way to get your business message in front of customers.
The right PPC advertising can bring in highly targeted, high-quality traffic. To do well with PPC, you need to be skilled in math, analytics, and marketing strategy. You must know which keywords are the best to target, and how to make the most of a PPC budget.
If you can nail PPC advertising strategy, you can become one of the best-paid professionals in digital marketing.
Great Social Media Management
Social media is an incredible resource – Facebook alone has 2.34 billion global users. In addition to the social media giants, new platforms are being introduced all the time.
Each platform has an audience that prefers it. When you manage social media as a digital marketer, you don’t spend time on every outlet. You have to know how to find your target audience, and even more importantly, how to focus on your paying customers.
When you can manage social media in a way that improves return on investment (ROI), many companies will see you as a digital marketing rock star.
Email Marketing Skills
Email marketing is more competitive than ever, but when done well it’s highly effective. The keys to email marketing are finding ways to stand out from the crowd and be highly relevant to your target audience.
The key to hacking it in email marketing is finding ways to stand out from the crowd and be highly relevant to your target audience.
People still like getting email communication, but they hate getting spam. Finding ways to make your email marketing outreach more entertaining, informative and timely will help you increase engagement and gain new customers.
Email marketing is still a top channel in terms of return on investment (ROI), so master it to become a high-powered digital marketer.
Content Marketing Expertise
Creating great content is a digital marketing expertise that underlies a lot of the other skills mentioned so far. You can’t do well in SEO or PPC if you can’t create new, compelling content on a regular basis.
You also won’t succeed on social media or email if you can’t craft targeted, relevant messages that you deliver on a consistent basis. If you aren’t bringing new eyes to your marketing content, you won’t succeed as a digital marketer.
Content is still king. You have to master it to thrive in digital marketing.
No one is a perfect digital marketer, but the more advanced digital marketing skills you have, the higher you’ll punch in this competitive industry.
If you have great SEO talent, a clear understanding of PPC, excellent social media management skills, and a strong command of email and content marketing, you’ll be well on your way to making it big in the digital marketing industry.
- What Are The Benefits Of Giving Away Freebies And Samples?
- 5 Foolproof Photoshoot Poses
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Remarketing Strategies
- 4 Reasons Why You Need a Great Brand Protection Service
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion