5 Downloadable Tutorials for Glass Blowing
Glassblowing is a mysterious art. How can someone dip a pole in molten glass and form a blob into intricate art?
And yet, like most mysteries, the internet is rife with answers. You can find and download tutorials on pretty much any subject. Not all of them are free, though. But by taking an online tutorial you save a bundle on lessons.
Today we’re going to direct you to five of our favorite “downloadable” tutorials on glass blowing. Scroll down to see.
1. Downloadable Tutorials for Glass Blowing: Glasscraft’s Webinars
The idea of downloadable tutorials is a thing of the past. Why? Video streaming.
There once was a time when you had to download every video you wanted to watch. The internet wasn’t fast enough for streaming video.
Now, not only can we watch videos without downloading, we can participate in live video classes called webinars. And Glasscraft’s webinars are probably the best you’ll find on the internet.
2. Bernard Katz Glass Videos
If you’re a world renowned artist do you share your knowledge or horde it? Bernard Katz chose the former and you can learn from him on his website.
Learn about everything from necking (not that thing you did in high school) to blocking and papering hot glass. He even includes a video about dipping a potato in glass.
This man does some pretty amazing stuff.
3. Matt Baker Makes a Pipe
Glass art doesn’t necessarily have to be blown from a metal tube. You can set up a lampworking station at home if you have the space.
It’s a simple process that requires pulling a glass tube in two directions over a lampworking flame. If you have the materials and the station, you can quickly learn to make your own tobacco pipe.
4. Getting Back to the Basics with the Scientific Glassblowing Learning Center
If you’ve never glass blown before and want to learn a thing or two before heading to your local studio, then check out the Scientific Glassblowing Learning Center. Their goal is to spread basic glass blowing knowledge and teach you how to create scientific glass equipment.
The site includes 17 written tutorials for the aspiring glass guru. You’ll find everything here from terminology to glass silvering.
5. Howcast’s Glassblowing Videos
After you’ve reviewed Scientific Glassblowing Learning Center’s information, jet on over to Howcast’s glass blowing page. You’ll find 35 videos in their beginner’s guide.
You’ll learn about the tools. You’ll learn about finding your first glassblowing classes. And Howcast guides you through some of the more important details including how to safely dress for a glass blowing class.
Conclusion: Soon You’ll Be a Pro
Glassblowing is a beautiful hobby. And not many people know how to work with glass.
If you prepare yourself ahead of attending a physical class with downloadable tutorials, you’ll quickly learn the skills and soon make glass art of your own.
If you need content for your new glass blowing blog (which you’ll soon be writing), check out our content pack.
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your Life
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018
- 5 Small Business Apps For Mac You Can’t Live Without
- 6 Real Estate Blog Monetization Tips You Will Love
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
- How to Store Your e-LiquidYou may think you’re a vaping expert. But […]
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion