The 5 Best Fitness Apps You Need to Download
Smartphones optimize our lives and make complicated tasks really easy, and fitness is no exception.
Working up that motivation to live healthily and stay active is now as simple as downloading fitness apps. Seriously!
With the advent of devices like FitBit that connect to our phones, fitness tracking and planning became ridiculously easy. But you don’t even need to buy an expensive FitBit to get the ball rolling on a healthier you.
Many fitness apps are free and most are inexpensive, but they all engage users and promote a healthier lifestyle. If you want to join the nearly sixty percent of all smartphone users who have downloaded a fitness app, we’ve got you covered!
Read on to learn about the five fitness apps that can boost your lifestyle and make getting fit a lot easier.
1. Charity Miles
A lot of people run marathons to raise awareness of a charity or raise funds to fight for a specific cause. Organizations like the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure and Run 10 Feed 10 turn participating runners’ miles into good deeds.
The Charity Miles fitness app lets users make a positive difference in the world by their every activity: going for a hike, taking a bike ride around the neighborhood, walking around the mall, running a marathon…
Every step counts! Users only have to sign up and join one of over 40 available charities when they first log in. So far the app has raised more than $2 million for charity!
2. Lose It
One of the biggest headaches when trying to keep up with a healthy lifestyle is watching what you eat. Cardio and fitness help keep you healthy, but true health comes from also monitoring the food your body uses as fuel.
Lose It is a comprehensive and user-friendly fitness app that lets you set goals and mark your progress over time. The app also allows users to scan the barcodes on food packaging to easily track their nutritional intake in a simple program.
3. Couch to 5K
Scared of making the move to a healthier lifestyle? Worried you might not have the stamina to keep up? That’s where the Couch to 5K app comes in to calm your fears.
The app guides users through a 9-week training course, starting them simply before slowly building up to transform their lifestyle. Made for fitness newbies, the program only takes 20-30 minutes a day, three days a week. That’s it!
4. Zombies, Run!
If all the tech features and numbers have your creative mind bored already, this app should shake things up. Ever thought you could exercise while learning about a story — being a part of a story — of the zombie apocalypse?
This audio adventure lets users discover new elements to an exciting story by accomplishing distance feats. Complete fitness missions to uncover the history of the zombie apocalypse.
Not intended for everybody: Some challenges require you to outrun hordes of zombies that you can hear getting closer in your headphones. But that’ll get you moving!
5. Yoga Studio
If you’re not already a yoga fanatic, you might become one soon with the masterful Yoga Studio app. No matter your level of experience or stamina, the Yoga Studio app has meditation and yoga classes for every user.
Listen to step-by-step instruction on hundreds of yoga poses and meditation techniques, just like a personal yoga trainer would give. The app also connects to your calendar for easier fitness planning.
Which of the Fitness Apps is For You?
The best app for you is the one that keeps you motivated over longer periods of time. You might experiment and find that some are only exciting for the first day or two. Choosing one of our top apps can solve that, though.
Seeing real progress in weight loss or fitness increase with an app that you carry around with you on your smartphone. What’s easier than that?
Accompany fitness apps or programs with healthy eating, using other apps to track your intake. Consider cleaner, more organic eating. Increase fitness performance by including more proteins and greens, and consider fitness supplements.
Look to resources like LiveStrong, Sportsfuel sports supplements, and local vitamin stores for the latest fitness supplements and healthy eating options to boost your exercise.
- 5 Small Business Apps For Mac You Can’t Live Without
- 6 Real Estate Blog Monetization Tips You Will Love
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- Great Downloadable Instructions for Rolling Cigars
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning CompanyDo you run an industrial cleaning company and need to find a way to attract more business? Read here to learn how to start a cleaning blog for your company!
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion