5 Benefits of an Internal Search Bar for Your Website
Anyone who has a website is always on the lookout for ways to improve its performance. A search function can improve a website by keeping visitors on the site, speeding up the user experience, focusing on the customer, and by providing valuable data to marketers and SEO professionals.
Think about a brick-and-mortar bookstore. Shoppers enter the store but have no way to find the book they need. Most of them will leave the store, possibly never to return. A website is much the same. If users can’t find what they’re looking for, they’ll leave.
To learn how every website can benefit from having internal search, keep reading.
5 Benefits of Internal Search
Let’s get down to brass tacks and look at each of the benefits for a search bar on your website.
Keep Visitors on the Website
Like the bookstore example above, it’s bad for business when visitors leave because they can’t find what they’re looking for. If they have to leave to search Google, for example, that’s called a bounce.
The percentage of users who bounce is known as a bounce rate. While a higher bounce rate may not always be cause for concern, it can be. Websites can be ranked lower on search engines sometimes if they have high bounce rates.
Speed Up User Experience
People want results and they want them fast. If a website offers a search bar, that can save visitors precious time navigating through menus and sub-menus. They can find what they came for much faster, which creates a better user experience.
A better user experience can lead to higher rankings on search engines.
Focus on the Customer
A search bar to find information and products internally sends a specific message. It tells visitors that the website is focused on their needs. When visitors feel their needs are important, they can be more likely to convert. That means more customers.
Think of implementing a search bar the same way as creating a customer service department. Tell visitors that the website is for them.
Provide Marketers with Data
Successful marketing relies on all sorts of data. Demographics such as age and gender, product relatability, and even active time of day can play an important role in marketing. Internal search provides first-party data for marketers.
That means the data is direct from the source. It’s not filtered or controlled in any way contrary to what the marketer needs.
Gather SEO Data
SEO, or search engine optimization, makes websites more attractive to search engines, and the users who search them. There are many ways to improve SEO, but one way is to use the right keywords in the right places. Getting those keywords can be tough.
Without reading visitors’ minds, understanding what they want can be a roundabout process. Search bars can make keyword data gathering more straightforward.
A website without a search bar is missing out on these and other benefits. The good news is that any site can be fitted with an internal search feature. We’d love to hear about how a search bar helped your website. Contact us to share your story!
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a Website
- Blogger Hosting Hacks: How to Choose the Best One for You
- 5 Advantages of Hiring a Web Design Service
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When You Hire a Web Designer
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion