5 Benefits of an Internal Search Bar for Your Website
Anyone who has a website is always on the lookout for ways to improve its performance. A search function can improve a website by keeping visitors on the site, speeding up the user experience, focusing on the customer, and by providing valuable data to marketers and SEO professionals.
Think about a brick-and-mortar bookstore. Shoppers enter the store but have no way to find the book they need. Most of them will leave the store, possibly never to return. A website is much the same. If users can’t find what they’re looking for, they’ll leave.
To learn how every website can benefit from having internal search, keep reading.
5 Benefits of Internal Search
Let’s get down to brass tacks and look at each of the benefits for a search bar on your website.
Keep Visitors on the Website
Like the bookstore example above, it’s bad for business when visitors leave because they can’t find what they’re looking for. If they have to leave to search Google, for example, that’s called a bounce.
The percentage of users who bounce is known as a bounce rate. While a higher bounce rate may not always be cause for concern, it can be. Websites can be ranked lower on search engines sometimes if they have high bounce rates.
Speed Up User Experience
People want results and they want them fast. If a website offers a search bar, that can save visitors precious time navigating through menus and sub-menus. They can find what they came for much faster, which creates a better user experience.
A better user experience can lead to higher rankings on search engines.
Focus on the Customer
A search bar to find information and products internally sends a specific message. It tells visitors that the website is focused on their needs. When visitors feel their needs are important, they can be more likely to convert. That means more customers.
Think of implementing a search bar the same way as creating a customer service department. Tell visitors that the website is for them.
Provide Marketers with Data
Successful marketing relies on all sorts of data. Demographics such as age and gender, product relatability, and even active time of day can play an important role in marketing. Internal search provides first-party data for marketers.
That means the data is direct from the source. It’s not filtered or controlled in any way contrary to what the marketer needs.
Gather SEO Data
SEO, or search engine optimization, makes websites more attractive to search engines, and the users who search them. There are many ways to improve SEO, but one way is to use the right keywords in the right places. Getting those keywords can be tough.
Without reading visitors’ minds, understanding what they want can be a roundabout process. Search bars can make keyword data gathering more straightforward.
A website without a search bar is missing out on these and other benefits. The good news is that any site can be fitted with an internal search feature. We’d love to hear about how a search bar helped your website. Contact us to share your story!
- 3 Tips for Making Your Dentist Website SEO Friendly
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- Top Tips for the Best Law Firm Web Design
- How to Combat Slow Download Speeds
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion