4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
Need a little extra assistance brushing your teeth, improving your oral hygiene, or even explaining complex dental procedures to your patients?
Good news: there’s an app for that.
You might be surprised to learn that the world of dental apps is rapidly growing, but the market is only getting bigger every day.
No matter the industry, more apps than ever include tutorials, information about specific issues, and even charts and diagrams to help you better grasp a concept.
No matter the concept you need to explain or the enthusiasm you need to instill in younger brushers, there are tons of dental apps that help to make it easier.
So, which ones should you download?
Read on to find out.
1. If You’re A Dental Professional
Wouldn’t you love to be able to spend less time explaining procedures and basic hygiene to your patients during their appointments?
With the DDS GP app, you’ll be able to do just that.
If your patient is in need of a dental surgery, or is at severe risk for oral hygiene disease and other issues, then you can use the app to help you explain what’s going on.
You can even upload your own photos to the app, to show more real-world examples of the concepts you’re explaining. You can print out charts and treatment options to email to your patients, and even draw and take notes on the screen.
Explain things like dental implants, cracks, cosmetic procedures, tooth decay, restorative procedures, and much more.
You’ll be able to choose from more than 200 different videos and diagrams, all of which you can zoom in on to pinpoint specific areas.
It’s so popular, that it’s currently used by more than 13,000 dental professionals.
2. The Oral-B App
It’s no surprise that one of the top dental apps out there comes from one of the biggest names within the teeth and dental industry: Oral-B.
This app uses incredible technology to actually connect with your toothbrush. Then, it examines and studies your brushing pattern, looking for the teeth and other areas that you’re missing.
It’s even able to monitor whether or not you’re spending enough time brushing the individual “zones” of your mouth. As you can imagine, an app like this will work wonders for your smile and your overall oral health.
No matter which kind of electric Oral-B toothbrush you’re using, the app will work perfectly with it.
If you’re trying to teach your children the importance of oral hygiene, then this is a wonderful app to help you do just that. You can create fun themes, avatars, and even receive special game rewards the more times you brush your teeth.
You can even compete against friends to really take your brushing experience to the next level.
In addition to brushing assistance, the app will also over advice about oral hygiene and health. Finally, you’ll also get product recommendations from Oral-B that will help you to enhance your brushing experience.
Keep in mind that the Oral-B app is not a diagnostic tool. If you suspect you have a cavity or other dental issue, make an appointment with Ideal Dentistry to have a professional exam done.
3. If You Have Lots Of General Dentistry Questions
Considering a career in oral hygiene? Just interested in brushing up — no pun intended — on your general dentistry knowledge?
Has your dentist pointed out a few potential problems in your mouth that you’d like to learn more about?
If so, then enter the Bonebox app, your source for all things teeth and gums.
The app contains tons of helpful videos that break down the basics of oral hygiene. They’re so helpful, that even many dental professionals show them to patients when they need to explain a concept.
Learn about your individual teeth, the overall anatomy of your mouth, and much more. And if you’re in dental school and cramming for an exam? Well then, we know you’ll love using Bonebox as a helpful study tool.
4. If You Need Helping Making It Through Those Two Minutes
Did you know that 30% of Americans aren’t brushing their teeth as much as they need to?
Part of the problem?
Even if you’re brushing them twice a day, chances are, you aren’t actually doing it for long enough. And it doesn’t matter if your technique is perfect. If you aren’t brushing your teeth for a full two minutes every time? Well then, you’re still putting yourself at risk for gum and tooth decay and disease.
One of our favorite dental apps is called Brush DJ, and it’s designed to make the time spent brushing fly by. The concept is the perfect combination of brilliance and fun.
The app collects top hits that are two minutes in length, then creates an awesome toothbrushing playlist. This way, you can be sure that you’re brushing for the required two minutes while jamming out to your favorite songs.
If you’re trying to teach your kids to keep on brushing, Brush DJ also has tons of videos that will distract your children and teach them about the importance of brushing.
Thinking Of Creating Your Own Dental Apps?
Now that you’ve read this post, you have a much better understanding of what goes into making some of the best dental apps on the market today.
Whether you’re a dental professional or a tech guru looking to partner with a dentist, maybe you’re even considering making a dental app of your own.
Remember, the right app will be the perfect balance of education, gamification, and most of all, fun. If your patients don’t even realize that they’re learning about oral hygiene, then you’ve done things right.
Need advice on how to design the best app possible? Looking for more information about all things digital download? Want to read an e-book on dentistry?
Spend some time on our website and blog to learn everything you need to know to create an app that’s as appealing and awesome as a megawatt smile.
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your Life
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil Online
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best Practices
- 5 Proven Tips For Achieving Mind Body Balance
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion