3 Ways To Fix Snoring That Actually Work
Many people joke about snoring, but it can cause a lot of problems in one’s life. Sure, there’s the general annoyance of keeping a spouse awake or scaring your pets. But snoring can actually be quite detrimental to one’s health.
Snoring throughout the night could be a sign of sleep apnea, a common disorder where breathing pauses or stops entirely. It results in poor sleep and even causes a risk of higher blood pressure or a stroke.
Get a restful night’s sleep by learning how to fix snoring for good. Here are 3 easy tips to stop snoring and get a better night’s sleep.
1. Lose Weight
Most snoring is simply caused by the restriction of the throat’s air passages. These passages will close entirely (in the case of apnea) or leave little room for air to pass through.
Understandably, weight is a huge factor in whether one snores or not. People tend to think of weight loss as fat accumulating around the stomach or thighs. However, many people put on weight around their neck, as well.
It’s true, that double chin could be troublesome at more than a cosmetic level.
Try and remain as healthy as possible by eating right and exercising regularly. Even a simple 30-minute walk around the neighborhood decreases the chances of snoring.
So for those who have been waiting for a reason to lose those extra 10 pounds, here’s the chance!
2. Change Sleep Positions
While weight factors into snoring, it can be remedied by changing one’s sleeping position. Typically, those who snore sleep on their backs.
When drifting off to sleep, the throat and jaw muscles relax. Normally, that would be a good thing. However, the position of the snorer’s head increases the likelihood of their tongue blocking air passage.
Since air is restricted, they’re far more likely to snore when laying on their back. Believe it or not, this is pretty common.
Most people are what’s known as positional snorers. These people who only snore while laying on their back.
Sleeping on your side is a great way to prevent snoring. Since the head isn’t positioned in such a way that the tongue blacks air, the person is free to breathe in a natural way.
3. Consider Surgery
Finally, some people just can’t fix snoring on their own. They’ve tried weight loss, they’ve changed sleep positions. Perhaps they’ve even tried over-the-counter medicine.
But still, nothing they do seems to work. In extreme cases, surgery such as rhinoplasty may be necessary.
There may be abnormalities in the throat or sinuses that can’t be fixed through other methods.
For those who have tried everything, consult a specialist. Even if surgery isn’t required, a doctor can likely prescribe stronger medication or offer another solution.
Final Thoughts On How To Fix Snoring
Snoring is so much more than an annoying way to lose a good night’s sleep.
Live a healthy lifestyle, change sleeping positions, and consult a doctor if necessary.
For more tips on how to get a better night’s sleep or get healthy, be sure to check out the Pligg blog!
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an Alcoholic
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer Pills
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily Stress
- Top 20 Apps for Men’s Health
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
- 7 Online Tools You Need for Your Side HustleBy the year 2020, it’s expected that at least […]
- Top 20 Apps for Men’s HealthWant to enjoy better health and well-being? Perhaps […]
- Essential Hunting Stuff That Every Badass Hunter NeedsA hunter is only as good as his/her hunting stuff. […]
- How to Choose the Best Kitchen AppliancesFrom Smeg’s incredible collaboration with Dolce […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion