3 Things to Absolutely Avoid Doing When Selling a House
If being a first time home buyer is an exciting first step to building a life, being a first time home seller is a new and stressful event you might have never expected.
Selling a house involves a lot of stress and considerations. Because of that, it’s easy to make small mistakes.
But even small mistakes can add up. And some of them can stop you from ever selling your house for what it’s worth.
The sooner your house is sold, the sooner you can focus on moving into your new house and starting your new life.
That means you absolutely cannot afford to delay. Every decision needs to be the right one.
So if you’re putting your house on the market, you need to remember these tips.
Don’t Mess Up Your Presentation
If your focus is selling a house fast, that means you should do everything you can to entice future buyers of your home.
Presentation is absolutely essential to making a sale. People don’t want to buy a house if during the tour they see it as beat up, filled with old furniture, and foul smelling.
And though you may think some of the clutter in your kitchen shows that your house is lived in, the human mind is more simple.
When you’re trying to sell your house, remember to make it look and smell perfect.
That means moving old furniture into the garage, showing your house’s storage potential to buyers, and using scents like vanilla and citrus to make people happy the moment they set foot in your house.
Don’t Get Killed on Commission
If you’re selling your house for $200,000, you probably want the full $200,000 for it.
But the average real estate broker will make that difficult with the high commission rates that have become standard in the industry.
With the average 6 percent rate given to brokers, the sale of a house for $200,000 will net you a less-than-impressive $188,000.
Look for companies that will buy your house or help you sell without demanding high commission or fees.
Organizations like Global Citizens HQ provide a platform that connects home sellers and investment property buyers without demanding a commission fee.
Don’t Celebrate Selling a House Until It’s Over
When your house is under contract, it’s easy to celebrate having made a sale right away.
Unfortunately, being under contract doesn’t mean you’re going to close.
Although 75% of homes under contract make it to closing, that still means a quarter of all houses under contract are not closed upon in that deal.
There are a number of reasons for this. Bank issues, problems with your timeline, or property issues that are out of your hands can all torpedo your deal.
This doesn’t mean you’re going back to square one. Often times these disputes can be resolved over time. But celebrating prematurely can leave you unprepared for the coming weeks or months in your home.
So keep your head on straight and remember: it ain’t over ’till it’s over.
- Why You Should Invest in a Historic House
- Resale Roadblocks: 5 Reasons to Not to Buy a Timeshare
- Should You Invest In a Timeshare?
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House Hunters
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion