3 Things to Absolutely Avoid Doing When Selling a House
If being a first time home buyer is an exciting first step to building a life, being a first time home seller is a new and stressful event you might have never expected.
Selling a house involves a lot of stress and considerations. Because of that, it’s easy to make small mistakes.
But even small mistakes can add up. And some of them can stop you from ever selling your house for what it’s worth.
The sooner your house is sold, the sooner you can focus on moving into your new house and starting your new life.
That means you absolutely cannot afford to delay. Every decision needs to be the right one.
So if you’re putting your house on the market, you need to remember these tips.
Don’t Mess Up Your Presentation
If your focus is selling a house fast, that means you should do everything you can to entice future buyers of your home.
Presentation is absolutely essential to making a sale. People don’t want to buy a house if during the tour they see it as beat up, filled with old furniture, and foul smelling.
And though you may think some of the clutter in your kitchen shows that your house is lived in, the human mind is more simple.
When you’re trying to sell your house, remember to make it look and smell perfect.
That means moving old furniture into the garage, showing your house’s storage potential to buyers, and using scents like vanilla and citrus to make people happy the moment they set foot in your house.
Don’t Get Killed on Commission
If you’re selling your house for $200,000, you probably want the full $200,000 for it.
But the average real estate broker will make that difficult with the high commission rates that have become standard in the industry.
With the average 6 percent rate given to brokers, the sale of a house for $200,000 will net you a less-than-impressive $188,000.
Look for companies that will buy your house or help you sell without demanding high commission or fees.
Organizations like Global Citizens HQ provide a platform that connects home sellers and investment property buyers without demanding a commission fee.
Don’t Celebrate Selling a House Until It’s Over
When your house is under contract, it’s easy to celebrate having made a sale right away.
Unfortunately, being under contract doesn’t mean you’re going to close.
Although 75% of homes under contract make it to closing, that still means a quarter of all houses under contract are not closed upon in that deal.
There are a number of reasons for this. Bank issues, problems with your timeline, or property issues that are out of your hands can all torpedo your deal.
This doesn’t mean you’re going back to square one. Often times these disputes can be resolved over time. But celebrating prematurely can leave you unprepared for the coming weeks or months in your home.
So keep your head on straight and remember: it ain’t over ’till it’s over.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House Hunters
- 6 Real Estate Blog Monetization Tips You Will Love
- A Simple Guide To Buying A Home With Bad Credit
- 3 Digital Real Estate Marketing Strategies That Work
- 9 Ways To Eliminate Chronic Body PainLiving with chronic body pain affects every aspect of your life. Here are 9 things you can do to help ease or even eliminate chronic body pain.
- 10 Ways To Improve Your SmileYour smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Make sure it leaves a good impression. Here are 10 ways you can improve your smile now.
- How to Get the Best Deal on Your Cell Tower LeaseIf you're thinking of taking advantage of a cell tower lease, it's important to know how to get the best deal. Here are the top tips for getting the most value.
- 10 Best Sobriety AppsIn this digital age, you never have to go it alone. Read on to discover the top 10 sobriety apps to help you stay the course, no matter your fight.
- Top 5 Diving AppsYou don't have to be a pro diver to use these diving apps. Check out the best diving apps that will help make your next dives safer and more efficient.
- Types and Benefits of Life Insurance PoliciesAre you aware of the different types of life insurance? Understanding each variation will help you enjoy the many benefits of life insurance policies.
- 8 Unforgettable Things to Do in EnglandIf you're thinking of planning a trip to England, then you won't want to miss this article. Click here to discover 10 unforgettable things to do in England.
- How to Keep Healthy at the OfficeBeing healthy is essential for any productive person, check out this article for tips on how to keep healthy in an office setting.
- How to Combat Slow Download SpeedsAre your downloads taking longer than they should? Click here for a helpful guide on what to do if your computer has a slow download speed.
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion