3 Great Hearing Aid Apps All Users Should Download
According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, 1 in 8 Americans reports hearing loss in one or both ears.
Today, technology has made everything easier, including managing your medical and emotional health.
Whether you have worn hearing aids for years or you’re a novice user, hearing aid apps can make the world of difference in your comfort and well-being.
Let’s get into some of our favorites!
1. uHear (IOS)
Before getting started on all your Hearplex research, consider taking a free, self-administered test to screen your hearing.
Concerned that you listen to headphones too loudly? We’re all guilty of that (not to mention guilty of going to too many rock concerts!).
Fortunately, uHear is one of those simple and effective hearing aid apps that allows you to identify any problems within about five minutes.
There are three tests:
- Hearing sensitivity- determining normal range hearing
- Speech in noise- identifying speech in noisy situation
- Questionnaire- hearing in ordinary situations
While this test does not necessarily replace the feedback or professional testing done by an audiologist, it’s a great starting point.
It’s also a great way to detect potential issues and bring them to your physician or audiologist during your next appointment.
2. Sound Alert (IOS and Android)
This highly-advanced app allows you to transform your ordinary smartphone into a customized safety and alerting advice.
In a nutshell, Sound Alert allows you to convert essentially any environmental sound into a notification. Monitor everything from delivered packages to smoke alarms to your neighbor knocking on the door.
Best of all? You choose how the notification works. It can vary from a vibration to a flashing light to a smartwatch vibration.
This app works seamlessly with other technologies, including the company’s microphone and pebble watch.
Prices for this app start at $69, but for the comprehensive and customized features it provides, it’s a great option for those with busy lives and schedules.
3. MyHearing (IOS and Android)
This is one of the most revolutionary telehealth communication options for patients and their audiologists.
Essentially, it’s a two-way tool. It allows audiologists to check in with patients, monitor and review progress, send and receive text messages, and adjust hearing aids as needed.
It’s safely encrypted (meaning, your information is confidential) and very user-friendly, with tutorials, learning modules, and an extensive FAQ.
This technology eases the process between the initial appointment and any follow-up visits. It’s important because hearing aid fittings often need to be adjusted over time, and going in for several appointments can be time-consuming and frustrating.
Best of all? It’s completely free!
Final Thoughts on Hearing Aid Apps
No matter how you manage your hearing, using these apps can be a great tool for your overall health care plan.
Be sure to update your physician and/or audiologist if you have questions or concerns during your using. They can be a valuable asset for your overall well-being and making sure everything is on track!
Now get back to listening to music and taking care of yourself.
- 6 Dishes Made in Italy You Have to Taste to Believe October 13, 2017
- Domestic Vs. Industrial Sewing Machine: What’s the Difference? October 13, 2017
- Entertainment Ideas For Your One-of-a-Kind Wedding Reception October 10, 2017
- Why Google is Considering Alternative Energy Sources October 10, 2017
- Top 5 Downloadable Financial Data Management Tools October 10, 2017
- Save Your Budget With Digital Holiday Cards October 10, 2017
- 5 Tips Management Recruiters Need to Hire Winners October 9, 2017
- Saving Time and Money with Online Electronic Forms October 9, 2017
- 5 Essential Downloadable Tools To Aide Your Translation Work October 8, 2017
- Is Bitcoin the Right Forex Investment? October 5, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion