3 Great Hearing Aid Apps All Users Should Download
According to the National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, 1 in 8 Americans reports hearing loss in one or both ears.
Today, technology has made everything easier, including managing your medical and emotional health.
Whether you have worn hearing aids for years or you’re a novice user, hearing aid apps can make the world of difference in your comfort and well-being.
Let’s get into some of our favorites!
1. uHear (IOS)
Before getting started on all your Hearplex research, consider taking a free, self-administered test to screen your hearing.
Concerned that you listen to headphones too loudly? We’re all guilty of that (not to mention guilty of going to too many rock concerts!).
Fortunately, uHear is one of those simple and effective hearing aid apps that allows you to identify any problems within about five minutes.
There are three tests:
- Hearing sensitivity- determining normal range hearing
- Speech in noise- identifying speech in noisy situation
- Questionnaire- hearing in ordinary situations
While this test does not necessarily replace the feedback or professional testing done by an audiologist, it’s a great starting point.
It’s also a great way to detect potential issues and bring them to your physician or audiologist during your next appointment.
2. Sound Alert (IOS and Android)
This highly-advanced app allows you to transform your ordinary smartphone into a customized safety and alerting advice.
In a nutshell, Sound Alert allows you to convert essentially any environmental sound into a notification. Monitor everything from delivered packages to smoke alarms to your neighbor knocking on the door.
Best of all? You choose how the notification works. It can vary from a vibration to a flashing light to a smartwatch vibration.
This app works seamlessly with other technologies, including the company’s microphone and pebble watch.
Prices for this app start at $69, but for the comprehensive and customized features it provides, it’s a great option for those with busy lives and schedules.
3. MyHearing (IOS and Android)
This is one of the most revolutionary telehealth communication options for patients and their audiologists.
Essentially, it’s a two-way tool. It allows audiologists to check in with patients, monitor and review progress, send and receive text messages, and adjust hearing aids as needed.
It’s safely encrypted (meaning, your information is confidential) and very user-friendly, with tutorials, learning modules, and an extensive FAQ.
This technology eases the process between the initial appointment and any follow-up visits. It’s important because hearing aid fittings often need to be adjusted over time, and going in for several appointments can be time-consuming and frustrating.
Best of all? It’s completely free!
Final Thoughts on Hearing Aid Apps
No matter how you manage your hearing, using these apps can be a great tool for your overall health care plan.
Be sure to update your physician and/or audiologist if you have questions or concerns during your using. They can be a valuable asset for your overall well-being and making sure everything is on track!
Now get back to listening to music and taking care of yourself.
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your Life
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an Alcoholic
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer Pills
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
- How to Store Your e-LiquidYou may think you’re a vaping expert. But […]
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion