Make Money with Pligg
Open source development is a rewarding experience, but sometimes developers need to eat, and that costs money! We’ve created a Pligg vendor program to benefit content producers who want to sell their non-tangible goods through Pligg.com. If you have a Pligg-related product, like a module, template, or ebook, you can list it for sale and earn money! We handle hosting your product, marketing, and payment processing. See the quick feature list below, and if you haven’t already sign up to become a vendor at the bottom of the page.
- As a vendor, you will be given permission to list both free and paid digital items on Pligg.com.
- Receive commissions at the time of the order. No minimums, no wait.
- New accounts start at a 60% commission. To raise your commission, you will need to contribute your skills to the Pligg CMS open source project.
- Sell the product elsewhere. We don’t mind as long as you don’t list it below the Pligg.com price.
- Compose product listing pages in a WYSIWYG editor.
- View commissions from the Vendor dashboard.
- Our shop makes it easy to define the current release version for products so that customers will see an update from their Pligg Admin Panel.
How it Works
If you didn’t opt-in for a Vendor account when you registered your Pligg.com account, you can apply to become a Vendor by selecting the check box to the right. Make sure that you are logged in to your account, agree to our terms and conditions, and submit the form. Applications are automatically approved and you should receive an email confirming your Vendor status.
4. Add Downloads
Draft and submit your first product by visiting the link below. When you are satisfied with your product page draft, submit it for review and if everything looks okay to us, it will go live in the Pligg Downloads section.Add a Product
Frequently Asked Questions
How should Vendors provide support?
It is up to each vendor to define their own support policy. You can use the product page’s comment area, a public or private forum, emails, or direct messaging, it’s entirely up to you.
We recommend adding a brief support policy under the “Seller Info” field on the Shop Settings page. That way it will display the policy under the “Seller Info” tab on all of your product pages.
What are “Sale” items?
If a vendor is interested in offering a promotional price for a product, they can list it on “sale”. When an item is on sale, the shop will display both the normal retail price and the sale price so that users can see how much of a discount they are getting. Sale pricing is not meant to be permanent, which is why we enforce a 7 day limit for sales. We also require a 14 day buffer period between sales, so that vendors don’t abuse the temporary nature of sale pricing. Vendors can schedule a start and end date for sales pricing from the product admin page.