Pligg Support

Running into a problem with the Modifying Language section in Pligg. Whenever I change any of the text, click save, and then reload my site, the text doesn't update.

When I go back to check, it's like I didn't edit anything.

Anyone else run into this problem? Is there a solution?

Possible Answers


    I'm facing a similar issue and it's very frustrating. I wish there was a non ajax option for saving the modifications to the language.

    A workaround is editing the language files directly, they're located at a path similar to : languages/lang_english.conf.default

    | Posted 812 days ago | Permalink | Hide Replies

    Most likely both of you guys may have skipped the part in the instructions about setting the correct permissions to the language file. your changes are not being written because the file doesn't have the proper permissions.

    | Posted 811 days ago | Permalink | Hide Replies

    I changed the permissions to 777 and it fixed the problem. Is it secure to keep the file's permission like that? It used to be rwxr-xr-x, but didn't work with those permissions.

    | Posted 810 days ago | Permalink | Hide Replies

    Why wouldn't that permission be secure? Do you know something that everyone else doesn't?

    | Posted 809 days ago | Permalink | Hide Replies

    @lovenlust72 try changing the folder to 755 and files to 777.

    If still doesn't work, you can directly edit the language files ,i.e. lang_english.conf in any editor. Just open it, edit and save :)

    | Posted 39 days ago | Permalink | Hide Replies

    Have tried making all files in the language folder and the folder itself 0777 permission and it still does not update after changing and clicking on save?

    | Posted 44 days ago | Permalink | Hide Replies

Who Upvoted this Story's Support area is where you can ask questions and get answers. Just getting started with the Support area? This section describes tips for participating.

Submitting a Question or Comment

By taking a minute to research previous posts you may receive an answer much faster than waiting for a response to a new question. Begin by searching the support section for an answer. Sometimes you may even want to extend your search to the entire domain.

If you are unable to find a relevant answer, submit a new question or comment here. Please provide a detailed description and, when necessary, debugging information such as your server environment (a link to a <?php phypinfo(); ?> .php page would be very helpful), your web browser, and any steps necessary to reproduce your issue.

Submitting an Answer

If you have an answer or useful response that you would like to add to a post, you can submit it as a comment which other users will then vote on. Answers are sorted by most popular to least, allowing the best information to climb to the top of the page.

Please read and vote for existing answers before submitting your own, as there may already be an acceptable answer provided. You can use the "Reply" link found within an answer to submit a response to it, in case you want to expand or comment on someone else's contribution.

Including Files or Code

Sometimes it is necessary for you to attach a file or include a snippet of code for others to reference in your response. In most cases, you can .zip up files and attach them to a question or answer using Pligg's file manager. At times though this may fail, and in these circumstances we recommend using a third party host. Below we are including a list of recommended websites where you can share easily share file uploads (or snippets of code) through the web.