Based on the original Status Update Module by Yankidank, this module adds a Twitter/Facebook style AJAX Micro Blogging functionality to your Pligg Website. Easily find and follow other members. This module offers a tremendous community building opportunity in a fun and interactive fashion. Visit other member's wall and their status updates. See their followers and who they are following. Follow anyone you like and start receiving their status updates. You can also send direct messages to other members even if they are not a friend. See the list of features below or just try out the demo.
Demo URL: http://squidup.org
- Members can quickly share what they are doing with their Friends and Followers, similar to Twitter.
- Easily find and follow other members and their status updates.
- Easily search the status updates of all of your friends for anything.
- Members receive instant notification via email when they are being followed by another member.
- View other member's walls including their status updates, their Friends list and Followers list.
- Provides a Direct Link to any member's status wall, their friends list or their followers list.
- Reply to another user's status update and start a discussion. Any one can jump in.
- Send a direct message to another user by using @username. If the receiving member have their "receive email updates" turned on, they will be notified instantly via email.
- Pagination does not require a reload of the page. More status updates are loaded in the same page instantly.
- Instantly hide a status update if you don't like it. It will never be displayed again.
- Members can delete their own status updates. Instantly, it will be removed from all of their friend's and followers wall as well.
- Admins can delete anyone's status.
- Automatic status update when:
- A new link is submitted.
- A new comment is submitted including an excerpt of the comment.
- The detail list view shows members in a list (Friends List or Followers List), several member options available when moving the mouse over their name including:
- "Say Hi" - Call it whatever you like, its kinda like Facebook Poke, a quick way to initiate a contact with another member. A instant email notification is sent to the member letting them know that another user just said Hi.
- Link to their Pligg Profile page.
- Link to show their friends.
- Link to show their followers.
- Link to that user submitted stories page.
- An option to Follow or Remove that user.
- All of this is done without ever reloading the page.
- Easily customize the look of the wall by changing the CSS to match your template.
RequirementsThis module requires Pligg 1.0.3 or above.