Registration Email Domain Check
This module (nicknamed "REDC") will allow an administrator to set up either a whitelist or blacklist of email addresses, email domains, or partial word matches in email addresses used when registering an account. This is a useful tool for either blocking common temporary email inbox accounts and known spam domains, or for creating a list of approved email addresses (such as .edu domains).
This module has two different methods: whitelist and blacklist modes. The blacklist mode will reject any registrations from email addresses, domains, or partial word matches that you set up. The whitelist does the opposite and will only accept registrations from a list of allowed phrases. The module only checks the ending part of an email address, so if you enter the word "test" as a blacklist word it would block firstname.lastname@example.org, but not email@example.com.
- Adding @mailinator.com would block only email addresses ending with "@mailinator.com".
- Adding ".ru" would ban firstname.lastname@example.org, but not email@example.com
- Adding "bar" would only block domains ending with "bar" (ex. the address firstname.lastname@example.org)
By default, this module creates a blacklist made up of nearly 50 common temporary and spammer email domains.
- Adding "@company.com" would only allow addresses ending with @company.com when using the whitelist method.
- Adding ".edu" would only allow .edu addresses (plus whatever other exceptions have been added to the list)
Requires: Pligg CMS version 1.1.3 or above, along with a 1.1.3 or above template.