This module allows users to register on your website by signing in with their Twitter account.
- Register a new account, or connect an existing account, using Twitter
- Single-click sign on for Twitter connected accounts (user’s don’t need to remember their user/pass combo)
- Publish a story to your Twitter account with just 1 click!
- Automatically submit your published or submitted stories to your Twitter account.
- Bit.ly integration to shorten links and track click-throughs.
This module differs from the Tweet module, which posts stories to a site-sponsored Twitter account for promotional purposes. This module will post stories to your member’s Twitter profiles, not a global site Twitter account.
This module requires that your PHP server has the cURL extension enabled. You will also need a Twitter account with API access.
- v3.3 09/18/2013 – Verified working on Pligg 2.0.0 final. Added Twitter connect button to the registration page
- v3.2 09/09/2013 – Fixed some broken images
- v3.1 08/16/2013 – Cosmetic updates. Moved template language items into the language file.
- v3.0 08/10/2013 – Updated to Twitter API v.1.1
- v2.8 07/02/2013 Yankidank – Preparing for Pligg 2
- v2.7 04/15/2013 Yankidank – Twitter suddenly started requiring oauth_verifier
- v2.6 03/28/2013 Yankidank – Bug fixes
- v2.3 05/18/2012 Yankidank – Fix for when you disconnect your account and want to retrieve your password (requires that they input an email address at some point).
- v2.2 05/03/2012 Yankidank – Fix for when you are using URL Method 2 and the login button does not appear. Fixed story tools positioning.
- v2.1 08/05/2011 DB – Allow users to disconnect from Twitter account
- v2.0 08/05/2011 Yankidank/DB – Updated to match new Facebook module
- v1.1 02/03/2011 Yankidank – Fix for URL Method 2 and htaccess issues
- v1.0 01/11/2011 DB – First version