The Facebook Module lets users register and log in using their Facebook credentials. It also supports posting stories to the logged-in user’s Facebook Wall.
Existing users can use the Facebook module to link their account to Facebook. New members will need to choose a unique site username to associate with their Facebook account. Once a user is logged in using Facebook, they can post stories to their Facebook wall by following directions during the story submission process or from the story tools area.
This module has the following requirements:
- A Facebook account capable of generating an API key
- CURL PHP extension
- JSON PHP extension
Below is an abbreviated list of changes made between each version of the Facebook module.
- v4.7 September 18, 2013 – Tested on 2.0.0 official release. Added Facebook connect button to registration page.
- v4.6 July 2, 2013 – Preparing for 2.0 release
- v4.5 May 15, 2013 – Improved the design of the Facebook login button.
- v4.3 February 12, 2013 – Updated for Facebook API changes.
- v4.0 – Update required to match new Facebook API.
- v3.8 May 18, 2011 – Fix related to when users disconnect their accounts. Allows them to generate a password via email.
- v3.7 October 27, 2011 – Openend PHP file with long <?php tag in fb.php.
- v3.6 October 8, 2011 – Added missing disconnect language line so that the button displays correctly on the modify profile page.
- v3.5 September 19, 2011 – Allow users to disconnect from Facebook account
- v3.3 July 8, 2011 – Logging out of site no longer logs you out of Facebook.
- v3.2 July 5, 2011 – Removed CAPTCHA and email validation options from admin panel, since we no longer make use of those options. Module now imports user email addresses from Facebook.
- v3.0 June 21, 2011 – Complete rewrite and update to new Facebook API version. Changed the required information during user registration to make things a lot easier to create a new account.
- v2.3 August 15, 2010 Yankidank – Changed language item for step 3 submission checkbox. Fixed module, because it stopped working a week ago for no apparent reason.
- v2.0 April 27, 2010 DB – Removed the “Post to my Facebook Wall” checkbox for users who are not logged in to a Facebook-associated account.
- v1.9 April 26, 2010 DB and Yankidank – Fixed a bug related to the language file location. Also added advanced directions to the readme file.
- v1.8 April 15, 2010 DB – Fixed a bug that was stopping the module from being able to publish to a Facebook wall on PHP4 servers.
- v1.7 April 6, 2010 DB – Fixed a problem with module working in conjunction with the vBulletin login module.
- v1.6 April 1, 2010 DB – Fixed a problem with other modules displaying a language file error message on the Facebook login page.
- v1.5 2009/17/02 DB – Fixes and removed Facebook message from submit step 1 if you are not logged into a Facebook connected account.
- Fixed CAPTCHA disable option
- Fixed Email Validation disable option
- Fix for Firefox not showing the login button on some browsers.
- v1.3 – This version should only be used with Pligg 1.0.4 and above.
- v1.2 – Fix for longer user Facebook IDs. If you are upgrading, please change the varchar value for the user_fb field (under pligg_users) to 255 characters.
- Added checkbox to the admin panel that lets you enable/disable CAPTCHA requirement for Facebook users
- Added checkbox to the admin panel that lets you enable/disable email verification requirement for FB users
- Changed save message style in admin panel
- v0.10 2009/12/01 DB – First version