What is Bitcoin?
In layman’s terms, Bitcoin is a digital currency based on strong cryptographic principles, and designed to enable users to send money over the Internet without needing a credit card or bank account. Please see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
Who runs Bitcoin? What is the company behind Bitcoin?
In short, no one runs Bitcoin. Bitcoin is run collectively by the users who uses the Bitcoin Client, and any changes to the Bitcoin system have to be approved by the majority of users before they are implemented.
What is a Bitcoin address?
A Bitcoin address is a unique identifier which allows you to receive Bitcoins. With PayPal you send funds to an email address, and similarly with Bitcoin you send funds to a Bitcoin address called a wallet. For example, this is an active Bitcoin addresses: 164RcnbMkNz53mfo3jAns28zHqi4v27LUG
You can also scan a QR code with your mobile device.
This module will allow your visitors and site members to tip other members using Bitcoin as a reward for submitting quality stories or content. They can either use the wallet link to launch their Bitcoin client on their computer, or use a scan-able QR code from any mobile device.
Each time someone makes a new submission on your site they are presented with the option to enter their Bitcoin wallet address. This is the address that they receive money at. If the person chooses to add his or her wallet address a small box will show up on the story page that will allow your readers to send that user a tip. The total amount of tips is displayed in the box along with the date that the wallet address was created.
- Installs in seconds.
- Automatically generates a QR code for each wallet address entered.
- Automatically generates a click-able wallet link for each wallet address entered.
- Automatically tracks tips to each wallet address used.
- Displays tips for each wallet address used.
- Displays the time and date of when the wallet address was generated.
- Provides a “What is Bitcoin?” page on your site explaining what Bitcoin is in both contextual and video formats.
- Tells people how to obtain Bitcoins for free or purchase them through exchanges.
Find other Pligg Modules and Templates designed by ChuckRoast
For all things Pligg visit ChuckRoast.net