Auto Content Scraper
The most popular Pligg CMS module is back and better then ever! The Auto Content Scraper has been completely rebuilt for Pligg 2.0.0+
Make your website more engaging with video, images, audio, and more. The Auto Content Scraper instantly turns submitted urls into embeddable content. Turn drab links into enticing content that keeps people on your site—and keeps them coming back.
You want to embed content—from many sources—into your Pligg site. And you want it to look great across browsers and mobile devices. We’ve done the work for you. You can get started with the Auto Content Scraper in minutes, and begin using more embeddable content.
- The Auto Content Scraper will attempt to scrape content from any submitted website.
- The Auto Content Scraper supports more than 250 rich content providers. Video, audio, photos, products, and more—embed the content your users crave. No need to modify code if providers change the way they deliver content. Click Here to see the massive list of rich media providers.
- Mobile – Your users are on the move. Join them. Make sure your embedded content works and looks great—on apps and your site—from any mobile device.
- Easy to install. simply upload the module and activate it through the Pligg Admin panel. Add your Embedly API Key in the settings page and your done.
- Easily embed video’s photos, audio, documents, polls, etc into your story pages. Supports most all major content providers.
- Optionally users can choose to add their own content with support for 20 different files types users can upload.
- Don’t be fooled by imitation modules that use the words auto embed in their title. They don’t auto embed any files. This is the only module that will also allow a user to optionally embed a media files into a submission.
- Automatically adds the Favicon from any site into the story title so people can quickly tell which site the content is coming from.
Rich media such as Youtube, Facebook, SoundCloud, or the hundreds of other rich media sites is great but what happens when you need more? We’ve go that covered too. The Auto Content Scraper will attempt to grab content from any submitted url. The Auto Content Scraper also now also lets your users add their own media.
How it works.
With Pligg a user submits a url. The Auto Content Scraper will check the url and scrape any content it can find from the submission and add it to the submission preview window. If you have activated the optional custom upload module the user will then have a choice of adding their own embeddable content instead of using what was found on the submitted url. A use might choose to upload a flash video of themselves, or an MP3 file of a song they had written. In this case it will accept their content and override the suggested content.
Supported File Types
You have the option to allow any or all of these file types for your users to submit content. Each file will be automatically embedded into their submission. For example if little Johnny wants to submit the MP3 of the song he just wrote, it will be automatically embedded into a player directly on your site. Visitors can play the song directly from your page. The same goes with video and we’ve got you covered by supporting almost every possible major media format.
Another great feature is that you can also allow people to link to embeddable content instead of uploading it. Got a podcast you want to share? You can link to the MP3 and it will embed it just like it would be had it been uploaded.
The Auto Content Scraper is now over 3 years old and has been constantly updated and upgraded over the years. This module uses the Pligg update notification system and will alert you in your admin panel when a new version is available.
Find other Pligg Modules and Templates designed by ChuckRoast
For all things Pligg visit ChuckRoast.net