Unfortunately there were no contributors again today so I don’t have any “shout outs” to make again. The weather is supposed to turn bad this weekend. Cold and snow. Boo! I need a vacation really bad. I haven’t taken one in over 5 years. I hate how early darkness comes in the winter months. It’s not good for the mind.
Speaking of the mind. I have noticed that dealing with writing code so much that I’ve begun to notice patterns in certain things. Not clearly recognizable patters such as ducks flying in an arrow formation, but more inconspicuous patters of human behavior that seem to be related.
For example. Since selling my car to pay down some of the enormous debt these ongoing medical bills have created, I’ve been taking the bus to get around. Normally you wouldn’t see such patters of human behavior be so consistent figuring in all the variables. But here is a little list of what I’ve noticed while taking a bus.
- Someone is always standing right at the front, regardless of how many open seats are available. Blocking each and every persons way as they enter or exit the bus.
- Someone is on their cell phone arguing with the person at the other end. Once there was even a man sitting in the back arguing with his wife on his cell phone, while she was sitting up front of the very same bus arguing back.
- Someone will always pull the “stop cord” 20 feet after the bus has previously stopped to let off passengers. Too lazy to walk that extra 20 feet.
- Someone will always be listening to the most annoying sounding music through their headphones at a volume that still allows every passenger to hear.
- Inevitably there will always be 2 people at opposite ends of the bus attempting to have a conversation.
These are all different people on different days doing the exact same things. While many of these can be passed off as just an ignorant population. But the consistency of all 5 things happening every time I am on a bus is just amazing. It would be nice if we could vote people off the bus.
Good news for Pliggers out there. It looks like the once dead RSS Importer module will be making a comeback with the upcoming Pligg 2. I see it was moved into the /trunk/ of the SVN on October 24th and several updates have been made to it since. Even as recently as 5 days ago. I know that will make a lot of people happy.
Another resurrection will be the Facebook Wall module. I had taken it out of the shop because Facebook decided to make some changes without notifying anyone again through their developer channel and API timeline. They had made it so an Auth Token was required for it to display. However they made it almost impossible for a developer to even generate one. Let alone generate one that didn’t expire in 5 minutes. Now Facebook has made a simple way to generate the token and not make it expire. So once we get Pligg 2 near locked I’ll update that module and release it again. I know a lot of people liked that module. If you are unfamiliar with it, the module would let a user attach his/her Facebook wall to their profile.
Tomorrow is national holiday here in the USA. I will be working as usual as I do not have family to spend it with. Yankidank is off visiting relatives.
As always, I hope that you will take a moment and make a contribution. You can get yourself some free stuff and it also feels really good to give. Try it! If you wish to give a tangible item, you can always check out the wishlist.
Until tomorrow night