After over a year since initial development, Pligg 2.0.0 is now available to download in a final form. The 2.0.0 version of Pligg CMS represents a stable point in the project and we are happy to recommend this version for production servers, and encourage users to now make the upgrade from Pligg 1.2.2 to 2.0.0.
This update consists of over 100 changes since the previous release, and includes a number of bug fixes and cosmetic updates. The most noticeable difference since the Pligg 2.0.0 RC2 release is that we updated Bootstrap to the latest available version (currently 3.0.0). The navigation bar across the top is now “Pligg blue” (matching the pligg.com website) and is now fixed to the top of the page as you scroll down.
Updates to address some lingering bugs will be provided in future 2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc. versions. There are still a few left over issues that have been reported on Github that we haven’t been able to fix yet. The majority of these issues are related to the Groups feature, so if you choose to not use this feature on your site we recommend temporarily disabling it from the Admin panel.
With roughly 100 updates made to the code since 2.0.0rc2, the latest version brings a lot of fixes and style improvements. Some of the update highlights are listed below.
- STYLE: Updated Bootstrap to the new 3.0 release
- STYLE: The navigation bar login link now presents a modal window login form
- STYLE: Updated the comment section
- STYLE: Updated the simple messaging module
- STYLE: The login and register pages are now full width
- FIX: Edit avatar feature
- FIX: Your avatar now shows on the second submission step’s live preview
- FIX: Moderators can no longer generate ‘moderator’ or ‘admin’ user level accounts
- FIX: Added domain whitelist location setting to MySQL database
- FIX: Top users page
- FIX: Updated MySQL database settings to fix problems related to UTF8 languages
- FIX: The bookmark feature now works without the sidebar saved module
- FIX: The 5 star vote method partially works. You cannot remove or change a 5 star vote at this time
- FIX: Secured the group share function so that it won’t be abused so easily
- FIX: Restrict what categories users are able to post to
You can download the latest version from the Pligg CMS product page.