URL Method 2 (SEO), Foreign Languages and Upgrades
This week we will be heavily testing the SEO functionality and the upgrade process from Beta 9.9.5 as we finish up with the 1.0 RC versions. I have spent the better part of the last 2 weeks testing a number of foreign languages to make sure that we covered everything from Arabic to Korean to make sure that a variety of characters will work across the board with Pligg. It looks like previous bugs that existed with the Admin Modify Language module and category URLs are now fixed so that any language that you throw at Pligg will work perfectly.
Our latest SVN version (Revision 556
) takes care of some URL Method 2 issues and cleaned up a few bad choices that we made in the past, or were just plain mistakes. Pagination is now working with the SEO URLs and there is very little left to fix at this point. A few more items to check off of the SEO URL todo list and we will be ready for primetime.
The last item that needs tested is the reason why I’m writing this blog entry. It would be very helpful if some users could volunteer to test the upgrade process going from Beta 9.9.5 to the latest SVN revision (see the link above). It’s very difficult catching every bug and hiccup that occurs during an upgrade so the more input I get from others the better. I know that the template and language files are going to be the biggest pain for people upgrading. Users need to pay attention to the readme.html file included with Pligg so that they won’t miss some critical instructions. Wish me luck tomorrow as I start my week of upgrade testing and try to make Pligg polished for our 1.0 release.