I spent a huge amount of time working on the template for Beta 6 today. It turned out that the other author converting it into tables wasn’t such a great idea so I decided to personally finish this wretched thing. I’m at the point where I can no longer tell if it looks good or not because I have been staring at it for so long and it’s lost its freshness. The final design is amazingly close to what I wanted, even better in many ways. This was my first time trying to write my own CSS code and I’m amazed that I was able to pull this off. The code isn’t the neatest or most streamlined out there, but it gets the job done.
I am very glad to say that the template is VERY near finished. I have tested several of the pages in IE and they all come out well. There are some minor differences between the Firefox and IE renders of the site, but nothing bad. Opera doesn’t like the placement of the search bar last time I checked, but I’m sure it’s something that can be fixed by someone who knows some CSS. The release should come by this evening, if I’m able to keep awake. I have been lacking sleep lately and it’s getting tough to keep up and work on Pligg. Right now all that is left to be done are some of the secondary pages, things like register and profile pages. I got about two thirds of the way through with the secondary pages tonight, they usually don’t take long at all to edit. This evening I will finish doing the secondary pages and testing some of the pages for bugs. The good news is that the overdue release will finally come to the end in the next 24 hours… I promise. If it comes down to me releasign it with a couple small bugs left over I will, I’ll just tack the words “preview release” onto it. But hopefully that won’t happen because it looks like it’s pretty clean as is. I definitely think that I could spend another week polishing parts of the template, but I won’t torture everyone with that, it can always come as a template download.