I thought it would be nice to update everyone about how far off we are from what I am hoping for to take the step to Beta 6. Here are my goals still left to be completed before we will hit the next Beta release.
- User Avatars/Photos
- User RSS Feeds
- Tags / Folksonomy (ability to turn on/off)
- Spam Protection (ban user, ban IP, etc.)
- Ability to physically delete stories, rather than discard
- New Pligg Template
- Second navbar at the top of the page for custom links
- Threaded Comments
- Ping Blog Aggregators
- Better Search Capabilities. Search by category, search partial words (ex. “tag” search would also show “tagging”)
- Firefox Pligg Plugin
- BlogIt! Feature
- Weighted vote system (karma)
I know that Ash is working on the tagging system now. I was working on the template heavily a while ago, but I became ill for a full week and stopped working on it for a while. I will try to devote some time to work on the template this weekend, but once again I will mention that I would greatly appreciate any help. Until we tackle at least the bolded goals above we will continue to consider all releases Beta 5.x.