Today we are releasing version 1.1.2 of Pligg CMS. This update includes a number of bug fixes and general improvements to make Pligg CMS compatible with the latest version of the EVB module as well as the new Karma module. There has been at least one security fix applied to this version of Pligg, so it is highly advised that all users make the upgrade in an appropriate amount of time. The most recent security fix was pointed out to us by Mike from Sitewat.ch, who contacted us a few days ago about the potential exploit. We prepared a fix within a day and have decided to release this new version to make sure that this issue does not get exploited before members have a chance to patch their sites through the 1.1.2 update.
The Karma module will allow sites to update member karma values as users perform actions such as logging in, submitting stories, or adding a comment to an article. Previously karma was only being calculated when websites would manually set up a crontab on their web server, telling the server to crawl a karma update script every X number of hours. Now all of the updates are generated on the fly, making user karma counts up to date at all times and requiring no additional thought from the site administrator to set it up. Administrators will however have the option to manually configure karma values, by setting up how many points they want to give users for performing actions like submitting stories and comments, or voting on articles. More details about this module can be found on the Karma Module blog post.
Another new module that this release will accommodate is the External Vote Button (EVB) module. This new module allows you to embed voteboxes onto third party websites, like WordPress or Google’s Blogger blogs. This is a great new marketing tool for your site.
New Features and Fixes
For a non-condensed update information, you can read our SVN update logs.
- Security fixes
- New “User Ranking” system. Karma now determines a user’s rank. The more active a user is, the higher their rank.
- Advanced search page now allows you to find posts by the date they were submitted on.
- Support for the new EVB Module
- Support for the new Karma Module. This release also includes the Karma module.
- Failed login previously lost redirect data. Now it will remember your destination if you fail authentication.
- Fixed Voting Method 2 (5 Star Rating) system.
- Fix for searching for duplicate stories by URL
- RSS fixes
- Fixed HTML tags to allow feature
- Spam trigger fixed
- Fix to allow god level users to edit admin users
- Fix for duplicate content (ex /category1/story-title and /category2/story-title show the same story). http://tinyurl.com/2vkenk8